Fishing in Dubai is a deeply ingrained tradition. The Emirati forefathers relied on fishing for survival as desert dwellers with little water for crops. Despite its abundance of fish, the Gulf had powerful currents that made fishing difficult, especially without today’s improved tools.
With the UAE’s enormous and ever-growing population, the demand for seafood has increased, resulting in massive investment and advancements in the UAE fishing industry. Deep sea fishing Dubai has been a popular activity and leisure among UAE inhabitants, which holds some of the world’s most prestigious sea fishing competitions.
The oceans of the UAE are home to approximately 500 marine species, ranging from the tiniest seahorses to the giant sharks. The fishing season in the United Arab Emirates runs from February to June. You can, however, fish all year in the UAE; carry a light sweater with you on your winter visits. More fish will be found closer to the surface during the winter, enjoying the warmth. Meanwhile, they retreat deeper into the water throughout the summer to avoid the heat.
The Fishing Experience
- Determine the type of fish you want to capture. It’s then critical that you learn about their food, biology, and routines. Find out what the local fishing Dubai calendar is. Remember the three Rs: research, recording, and reading material in a journal.
- The biggest tip for an effective Dubai fishing trip is to choose a good site. The finest spots are submerged timber in shallow water and boulders and structures like humps. As a result, you should seek out the ideal location where you may be certain of catching something.
- Use the best line, hooks, and equipment available. Your equipment is not required to be the most expensive, but remember that you get what you pay for. This isn’t to say that specific inexpensive fishing equipment won’t do the job. Concentrate solely on the quality.
- Make sure your knots are secure and that you retie them frequently. After catching a few fish, use a decent file to sharpen the hooks again. You might want to consider changing your tackle every one or two fishing outings in Dubai.
- If you plan on employing lures, you should be aware that the purity of the water and the color of the lures are linked. Natural colors are represented by clear water, lighter colors by the light sky, darker colors by the dark sky, and bright colors by dark water. Also, keep in mind that color changes as you go deeper into the water, and all hues will eventually turn black or white.
- When it comes to fishing, the time you choose is critical. Thirty minutes after sunset, sunrise, moonrise, and moonset are the finest times.
- You must be pretty patient. It is not certain that each fishing trip in Dubai will result in a good catch. As a result, fishing teaches us to be patient. This is our time, which we value greatly, and it is even more enjoyable when we can share it with family and friends.
- It is critical to follow all rules and regulations and to take responsibility for whatever you do. Always remember to practice catch-and-release techniques.
- By bringing others along on your fishing outings, you may share your knowledge of the sport. Please inquire about the bait and tackle they use in that area and where else they fish.
- On the sea, during your Fishing trips in Dubai, you should always be cautious. Every year, many boating accidents occur, in which individuals are hurt or even killed. Wear a life jacket at all times, and you’ll live to fish another day.