Shoulder pain is a fairly common ailment, but it can cause considerable discomfort and hamper your day-to-day activities. If left unattended, the problem can grow worse and cause long-term complications as well. That’s why it is a good idea to get quick shoulder pain treatment in Sydney. A good extremity Chiropractor (like our practitioners at Sydney Spine and Sports Clinic) will examine your shoulder, ask a few questions, conduct a few tests, and then come up with a diagnosis. You won’t need to bear the discomfort every day and can get back to your regular activities quickly. Here’s what you need to know about shoulder pain:
What is Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder pain can come in different forms and be caused by different underlying issues. The location and nature of the pain are often the biggest clue and will help our chiropractors determine what is wrong. Here’s a look at the common locations of shoulder pain:
- Outside the Shoulder – If the pain occurs outside the shoulder area, it can be due to issues like rotator cuff issues, adhesive capsulitis (commonly referred to as frozen shoulder), and calcific tendinopathy
- Front of the Shoulder – If the pain is most prevalent in the front of your shoulder, it may occur due to concerns like an impingement syndrome, a SLAP tear, bicep tendinopathy, shoulder osteoarthritis, or biceps tendon rupture.
- Top of the Shoulder – Sometimes pain can occur at the top of your shoulder along the side of the and down the slope of your arm. This can be due to AC separation, AC arthritis, impingement syndrome, or distal clavicle osteolysis.
- Entire Shoulder – If you can’t isolate the pain and think it has spread over your entire shoulder, you may have issues like shoulder dislocation or shoulder instability.
Consider the nature of your shoulder pain carefully, especially if it grows worse with time. Seeking shoulder pain treatment in Sydney is the best way to avoid more discomfort. In most cases, our chiropractors will prescribe rehabilitation exercises and possibly manual treatment to help you recover as quickly as possible.
When Should You Seek Care?
Many patients choose to ignore things like shoulder pain until it is intense enough to actively compromise their quality of life. Here’s a look at some signs that indicate you need to seek care as soon as possible:
- Inability to Raise Your Arm – Your shoulder allows you to move your arm in a complete circle. You should be able to do the full range of motion without any difficulty. If you’re unable to raise your arm or complete a full circle with it, consider visiting one of our experienced chiropractors for Shoulder Pain Treatment in Sydney.
- Shoulder Pain During Night – If you experience shoulder pain specifically during the night time or every time you rest, it could be a sign of an underlying condition. If the pain is disrupting your sleep, it is important to get your shoulder assessed by a health professional;/
- Lingering Pain – If you’ve hurt your shoulder, the pain shouldn’t last beyond one or two days. If it persists, it is a good idea to visit a health care professional for an assessment. They will look for the root cause of the problem and recommend effective treatment.
- Difficulty Carrying Objects – If your shoulder is preventing you from carrying light objects, you may be experiencing issues with your shoulder. The shoulders contribute significantly to your ability to carry loads, which means a weakened shoulder can compromise that ability.
- Fever and Warmth – If the skin around your shoulder is warm and you experience fever, you may have an infection. It is best to visit a doctor (your GP or the local emergency room) immediately to get proper treatment. The longer you delay, the farther the infection may spread.
If you’re experiencing any sort of shoulder discomfort, consider calling a trustworthy clinic and booking an appointment for shoulder pain treatment in Sydney.