If you have simply set up your range extender and have been using it from the get-go, you might be facing some serious threat to your network. There might already be anonymous users leeching off of your network. This is unnecessary as well as the fact that they are using your network and limiting the full speed, quite inconsiderately. Let us take a look at how you can reset and then protect your mywifiext range extender.
In order to go about this process, you will first need to reset the range extender. This process is rather simple and if you follow it step by step, it should take you no longer than a few minutes. It is the same as resetting any Netgear Wi-Fi router; you can first use your original login details to
- The first obvious step is to hold on the ‘reset’ button on the mywifiext.net page.
- If in case you do not have any idea where the reset button might be, it is on the back of the extender.
- The default name which you can use to access the router is ‘admin’ and the password is ‘password’.
- Once this process is complete your extender has been reset and you can now configure security steps and even make sure it is using the same SSID.
The next step required to secure your router is to use a WPS or a Wi-Fi protected setup. This is an advanced setting which secures your network and allows only certain individuals to use it. You can even limit the number of users you can have using this setup. Here is how you can set it up:
- The first step is to place both the router and the extender in the same room so they can easily connect.
- Then ensure that your Wi-Fi connection is active and that you also have set up the Wi-Fi extender to a proper power supply, one which will not interrupt the proceedings.
- Locate the WPS button on the extender, once you have done it, press on it for a few seconds.
- Now once you have pressed that find the WPS button on your router and then hold it for a few seconds.
- Now that this process is done, you will see that both the WPS LEDs on the router and the extender is turning green. This is an indication that the connection has been established and that you can now safely move the extender to the desired location.
All of this and more information regarding the Netgear Wi-Fi extender is available on www.mywifiext.net. It is the ideal place to sort out your queries on any range extender issues that you might have.
All in all the advantages of having a network extender are far greater than any disadvantage. It helps you work in places where the signal is hard to find or simply enjoy the unfettered access to the network anywhere as long as you use the mywifiext local extender.