There can be mishaps that lead to data loss. These can be some kind of corruption or damage that results in loss of some files and documents. Some infection may cause the drive to formatted. There are steps to restore data despite this. This post covers how to recover deleted files from external hard drive after formatting. This is a simple, basic measure which can be helpful to any user looking for similar solutions. These are important techniques which can be useful to professionals and regular individuals alike. There are different methods that to solve this in few simple steps. Continue reading to find out more information on how to recover permanently deleted files from the external hard drive after formatting.
User’s Query for How to Recover Lost Data?
‘Hi! I am have heard that there is a way to recover formatted hard drive data. This is a manual solution, steps for which can be very useful to me. I am a part of an admin and IT data center team for my company. It is through using Command Prompt on a Windows PC. I am not sure about it hence have approached this forum. I have recently lost some data by accident and need a free way to get those files back. Could you help me with this?’
Recover Permanent Deleted Data from External Hard Drive – 100% Secure
There are professionals who always look for workarounds to solve simple tasks that may pose difficulty. They always go for third-party tools which are reliable and better than any manual method which may corrupt data. One such software is the SysTools Hard Drive Data Recovery Software. It is efficient and can restore even permanently deleted data. The application can get back lost photos, videos, music, and documents. It can automatically detect drives and preview content. The utility is basic and can be used by any technical or non-technical user. It has some of the following features:
- Recover data from FAT, NTFS, GPT and MBR hard disk partition
- Retrieve data from Internal and External hard drive
- Recover data from corrupted hard disk drive in few steps
- Supports IDE, EIDE and SATA devices
- Compatible with all available versions of Windows PC
Recover Deleted Files from External Hard Drive after Formatting Manually
Listed below are the instructions to save the information from a hard disk drive connected to a Windows PC. Follow the steps to recover deleted files from external and internal hard drive easily.
- First, press Win +R keys and type ‘cmd’. Now, hit Enter to open the Command Prompt window.
- Then, type in the following code: chkdsk E: /f and hit Enter. A user can replace the alphabet E with the drive letter for which data needs to be recovered.
- Next, type in ‘Y’ for confirmation in order to restore hard drive data and hit the Enter key.
- Then, type in the letter ‘E’ and press Enter to continue. Replace ‘E’ with the drive letter of the device for which data is lost or missing.
- Next, type in the following command and hit Enter key. E:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* Again, a user can replace the letter ‘E’ with the drive letter of the device where data is lost.
Now, all the lost files will be found in the saved in a newly created folder on the external or internal hard drive. A user can change the format of the files back to original if necessary. They can make those found file reusable again. Be conscious while executing these commands. Otherwise, you may lose your valuable data permanently.
There are steps and solutions which can solve all simple queries. Users can use them according to convenience, budget and time allocation. This post covers multiple such aspects which can be informative to anyone who reads. There is the manual method on how to recover deleted files from the external hard drive after formatting. It has been explained in quite a few steps and in a simple and precise manner. Then there is the alternative version which is fast, efficient and convenient. Lots of people prefer it and experts recommend it. It is possibly the best way to save all the important files in a matter of minutes.