The hospitality business relies heavily on pest control services Dubai. Failure to control pests can result in major legal implications, such as the closing of the business, fines and prosecutions, and precipitous declines in food hygiene ratings, all of which can contribute to negative publicity and a drop in sales.
Often, business owners believe that hiring pest control companies Dubai will solve all of their pest problems, but this is not the case. Everyone, in particular, needs to understand their roles and responsibilities when it comes to pest control: pest control is, after all, everyone’s job.
The apparent fact strikes us that prevention is better than cure in our work assisting businesses who have run afoul of the law. We all know this, yet the repercussions of firms failing to take preventive action may be disastrous. Companies must address the three critical components of pest management when it comes to prevention:
- Be continually conscious of the need to eliminate all food sources – pest-proof containers for loose food, spills, and food waste removal, and cleaning.
- Eliminate all internal and external sources of harborage.
- Ensure the structure is pest-proof; many people are unaware that mice can squeeze through even the slightest cracks.
All parties must understand their roles and duties when hiring a pest control Dubai business. Examine how quickly escalation can be implemented to handle any issues.
In a multisite business, handwritten pest control reports will not reach area managers, regional managers, or head office unless a procedure is in place to ensure that they are transferred up the chain. The pest control reports must constantly be evaluated as part of the area and regional managers’ reviews. There must be a system to check businesses in danger and require assistance to handle a pest problem.
If a health threat is imminent, the head office must be notified quickly so that action can be taken, including temporarily closing the facilities to protect consumers (and the business from enforcement risk). Believe me when I say that closing the business for a few days as soon as you see a problem is a lot less expensive than following the enforcement path, where closure may be the only option.
How do you avoid a fine for poor pest control at your place of business?
Courts are currently employing the Sentencing Guidelines to determine what fines should be imposed, which take into account:
- Harm – what is the risk of the pest infestation causing damage to the customer?
- Culpability – what did the company do to correct the situation (similar to due diligence)?
- Turnover – The company’s annual turnover.
These parameters are entered into a matrix that determines the number of penalties imposed, ranging from thousands to millions of pounds.
It is clear that businesses have not established a hierarchy of control that explains the measures to take and who is liable for pest concerns time and time again. In the dark, they’re fumbling around. So, my advice to businesses of any size is to do a pest control forensic audit.
Protecting your business with a pest control provision
Consider the worst-case scenario: a customer claims to have seen a mouse sprinting through a restaurant, necessitating an inspection. How would you defend yourself? Examine the following to see if any of them could damage your protection or mitigation:
- Contract management for pest treatment and your client’s contracts.
- System for Food Safety Management
- Staff education
- Responsibilities and job descriptions
- Job descriptions and responsibilities
- Audits by third parties
- If there is an issue, action is taken. What to do in the event of an emergency policy
- Sanitation, cleaning by Approved disinfection service Dubai.
- Collaboration with the building maintenance team or contractors.
If you don’t have the knowledge to perform it yourself, employ the help of a credible consultant firm to conduct an external assessment. When choosing the pest control company Dubai for your business, look for one that is licensed by the Dubai Municipality approved pest control.
Prevention is critical to decreasing the danger of pest infestation in the first place, but having a watertight system in place will pay off in the case of an infestation, allowing you to respond quickly and effectively, reducing the risks to your organization.