JEE Main 2019 cut-off is the minimum marks required by a candidate in order to qualify for the next stage i.e. JEE advanced. Cut-off is always released according to the category. JEE Main 2019 cut-off would be released by NTA after the conduction of the exam in January 2019 i.e. around the first week of February 2019. Candidates may check the cut-off by doing log in using their credentials on official website. JEE Main cut-off has been categorized into two parts as stated below:-
- These are the minimum marks which a candidate require to qualify for JEE advanced.
- Earlier these marks were released by CBSE, but from this year NTA would release the qualifying cut-off.
- It would be displayed on result portal and candidates may check if they are qualified or not by simply log-in to their account using credentials.
- These marks have the purpose of screening the students for the next stage of exam i.e. JEE advanced.
- They are not the branch or institute-specific but are specific to the category.
- Minimum marks required by a candidate for taking admission in particular institutes.
- These marks are released by JoSAA on behalf of participating institutes in the process.
- Displayed on JoSAA website.
- Used for admission to participating institutes.
- These marks are institute, branch and category specific.
Factors on which JEE Main 2019 cut-off relies:-
- Total number of students taking exam.
- Number of applications received for the programme for which student has applied.
- Number of seats available.
- Difficulty level of the programme.
- Category seeking admission.
The above factors simply indicates that number of seats and number of applicants are inversely proportional to would-be-cut off of JEE Main 2019.
Previous years qualifying cut-off of JEE Main
Analysis on JEE Main CutOff
After looking upon the pattern on how JEE Main Cutoff has been varying these years, following things can be concluded:-
- Difficulty level of the exam has been constantly increasing as we can see the fall in cut-off.
- More number of students are appearing for the exam.
- Candidates are not performing as well as they did previously.
Admission Cut-off for JEE Main 2019 would be released after the result declaration of JEE Main 2019 by the JoSAA on behalf of institutes that consists of several IITs, NITs, IIITs and other institutes.