MBOX is a file format supported by over 20 email clients such as Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Powermail, and SeaMonkey. However, for professional reasons, many users must access their MBOX mailboxes in Microsoft Outlook. There are many features that are suitable for professional use by MS Outlook. In addition, some people consider that Outlook email client is better than MBOX. However, to access MBOX emails in Outlook, they must convert the MBOX to PST file format.
Why does MS Outlook prioritized above MBOX email clients?
Before you opt for conversion techniques, it is good to understand the advantages of PST over the MBOX format:
- PST supports multiple data types
The MBOX format is only available for emails. But the PST format stores multiple items such as emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, notes, and more.
- Advance format
The PST format is very advanced and can store mailbox data systematically. However, the MBOX format is very simple, and the emails are saved in order.
- Outlook supports Exchange accounts
MS Outlook is designed for Exchange connectivity. And it can operate in offline mode in Outlook.
- More control and better security features
Outlook gives more control and advanced security features to users for emails and attachments.
An easy way to move MBOX emails to Outlook / PST
To move MBOX-formatted mail to the PST, you must follow these three simple steps:
- Save the MBOX email as an EML file.
- Drag and drop the EML file into Outlook.
- Export the email to PST file.
Save MBOX email as EML file
- Open the MBOX email client. Right-click the folder and click on the New Folder option.
- Enter a name and click “Create Folder”
- Select all EML messages you want to transfer and transfer them to the newly created folder.
- All emails are now in this folder.
- Select all emails and select the Save as option. It saves EML-formatted emails to any desired location.
Drag and drop EML files to Outlook
- Open the folder storing your EML files. Select all emails by dragging them into any Outlook folder.
Export email to PST file
- To export email to PST file, follow File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Go to Import/Export wizard, and select Export to File. Hit Next.
- Select the Outlook data file (.pst). Click Next.
- Go to the folder where you saved the EML file and click Next.
- Add the location of the new PST file, select the desired option, and click Finish to complete the process.
Note: You can also specify a password for the newly created PST file.
- Create a new PST file at the desired location.
Automatic method to convert MBOX to PST
The manual approach shows that this process is very user-friendly, and only users working on MBOX and Microsoft Outlook email clients can complete the whole process. Therefore, in the case of an ordinary user, the use of a professional SysTools MBOX to PST converter is a good option. The MBOX to PST makes an easy converter to export data from the MBOX platform to Outlook. It allows users to filter data based on different conditions such as To, From, Subject, Date, and attachment. With this sophisticated MBOX to PST Converter program, you can freely convert MBOX to PST with limit of exporting 25 items per folder in PST format.