Because the days are sunny and one cannot simply escape stepping out in the sun the whole time, sunscreens keep your skin protected and also prevent the damage before it happens.
“A recent Society of Dermatology SkinCare Specialists (SDSS) study shows that 88% of women don’t know the right products for their skin. It’s not surprising given the incredible amount of skincare “must-haves” and “must-do” solutions available in the market.”
So why should you wear sunscreen?
Protects You from Harmful Rays
So because daadi maa says ki “beta dhoop lena acha hai” as you get a lot of Vitamin D, it does not mean that you put your skin at risk. Sunscreen minimizes the access of UV rays into your skin which triggers skin disorders.
Prevents Premature Aging
Who doesn’t want to have youthful and radiant skin? Using sunscreen can help you from developing the signs of aging like sagging or dull or patchy skin, open pores, fine lines and wrinkles.
Sunblock creams lessen up the chances of developing the signs of aging.
Prevents Skin Cancer- Like, really!
YES! You heard it right!
Wearing sunscreen on daily basis be it any season; protects your skin from various types of skin cancers especially, melanoma.
Keeps Your Complexion Even
Using sunscreen on your face helps to keep your complexion even. Sun damage is one of the many causes of uneven skin tones and daily sun cream helps to prevent those effects.
Hello! Healthy Skin
Keep your skin supple and healthy with sunscreen. Sunscreen protects the essential proteins in the skin like keratin; which keeps the skin healthy.
Opt for Herbal Sunscreen Lotions
It is better to use herbal sunscreens as everyone prefers to reduce the amount of chemicals which they are exposed to on a daily basis.
Here we list down the best Herbal Sunscreen Lotions to look out for:
- Biotique Bio Sandalwood 50+ SPF UVAUVB Sunscreen
- It keeps your skin soft, healthy and supple.
- Protects skin with broad spectrum SPF 50 UVA/UVB sunscreen.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Organically Pure & preservative free
- Dermatologist tested for safety, no animal testing
Check out the list of Biotique Sunscreens for every skin type.
- Aroma Magic Sunblock Lotion – SPF 30
- 100% paraben free, soap, alcohol, artificial colouring & fragrances.
- It is ultra-effective formula creates a barrier between you and sun.
- Non greasy, skin friendly and enrich with carrot seed, wheat germ and jojoba oils.
- Provides you with sun safety, vitamin B5, C, E and prevents visible signs of aging.
- Notes of helichrysum, calendula and roman chamomile essential oils heal scars and mattify your skin.
- Green tea extracts help in providing sun protection.
- Oshea Herbals UV Shield SPF 50 Sun Block Formula
- Active ingredients include green tea extract, extract of papaya
- Provides UV protection
- Whitens skin tone
- Suitable for normal to dry skin
- Dermatologically tested
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Sunscreen Matte Gel PA+++ Spf-50
- Defends your skin from UVA and UVB beams
- Reduces melanin production and darkening of skin
- Keeps skin glowing
- Combat against skin obscuring with its natural ingredients
Check out the list of Lotus Herbals Sunscreens for every skin type.
- Taashi Vitamin E Sunscreen SPF 30
- Keeps skin texture healthy
- Combats against wrinkles
- Moisturizes dry skin
- Boosts collagen production
Go ahead and buy a sunscreen according to your skin type. Make it a habit to apply it throughout the year (not just the summers) and you will thank yourself later!
So, Pals! Are you ready for the summer beach holidays!? Which one are you going to try? Let us know in the comment section.
About the Author
Shefali Dua heads the Content and Social Media department for Dalmia Biz. Shefali brings more than 6 years of writing experience across online marketing, SEO, social media, and blogging. When she’s not musing over the latest gossips in bollywood or eyeing the latest fashion trends, you can find her planning weekend getaways.