Hello fruit juice lovers, it is awesome to have your attention on the subject of fruit juice once again. So, today, I am going to be talking about a very delicious juice that is made out of watermelon and lemon. Watermelon and lemonade juices, in fact, rank in the top 10 most delicious fruit juices according to ranker.com. Therefore, a combination of both juices is the perfect fruit juice you can ever make. The taste is superb, the health benefits are immense, and the steps to make it are pretty easy. Let’s take a closer look at some health benefits of watermelon juice with lemon, and then learn how to make it.
Health Benefits of Watermelon Juice with Lemon
Watermelon juice with lemon combines all the health benefits of watermelon and lemon into a single pack. These benefits include but not limited to the following:
The number one health benefit offered by watermelon juice with lemon is hydration. Watermelons are 92% water and by consuming them, you get to have your body hydrated with a healthy fluid. Proper hydration promotes skin health, reduces weight gain, encourages hair growth and benefits the body in many other ways.
2. Weight Loss
Besides hydration, watermelon juice with lemonade promotes weight loss. First off, watermelon as fruit contains fewer calories than many fruits. As such, consuming it does not increase the number of calories in the body too much. Secondly, watermelon is chock full of water. Thus, the juice can be quite filling, putting hunger on hold for much longer. That eliminates the need to eat every now and then, reducing calorie intake. That results in weight loss.
3. Cancer Prevention
Watermelon and lemon are believed to help with cancer prevention and treatment. While research is still ongoing, many studies have uncovered the great anti-cancer effects of lycopene and other individual plant compounds found in watermelon. Additionally, studies suggest that citric acid, which is abundant in lemon, may have specific cancer treatment benefits.
4. Heart Health
Lemons are rich in fiber, Vitamin C, and many other plant compounds that have been discovered to promote heart health. Therefore, by drinking watermelon with lemon juice, your heart benefits from these substances, thus remaining healthy and safe from a number of heart problems.
5. Kidney Health
Kidney stones are among the most common conditions that affect the kidney. Characterized by tiny lumps, these stones form when waste products crystallize and accumulate in the organ.
Citric acid, which is abundant in lemon, may help prevent kidney stones by increasing urine volume and pH. This increment provides a less favorable environment for kidney stones to form.
How to Make Watermelon Juice with Lemon
Making watermelon juice with lemon is as easy as obtaining the necessary equipment and ingredients as well as following a few steps described below:
What You Will Need
- A good blender or juicer such as any of these.
- A peeler
- A drinking glasses
- A knife
- A spoon
- A chopping boards
- A watermelon
- A lemon
- 1 teaspoon is full of sugar
- A piece of ginger to enhance the aroma (optional)
- Make sure your juicer or blender, cutlery pieces and utensils are clean.
- Then wash your ingredients.
- Next, place your watermelon on the chopping board and dissect it into equal halves.
- Repeat the same procedure with your lemon.
- After that, scoop out the red part of your melon and transfer it to the appliance one half after the other. You can use the spoon for this task.
- Now peel and add your ginger to the content of your juicer or blender.
- Then grab one lemon piece and squeeze the juice into the blender until dry. Repeat the same step with the remaining piece.
- Now add sugar to the mixture.
- After that, close the lid of the appliance and crush until the mixture turns into a smooth solution.
- Finally, pour into the glass and enjoy your perfect watermelon juice with lemon.
Watermelon with lemon juice is a delicious and superb tasting drink that offers several amazing health benefits. From hydration and weight loss to cancer prevention and more, the list is long. The best part is that the juice is easy to prepare at home, requiring only few ingredients that are readily available at your local grocery store and a few simple steps.