Voltage Stabilizers are an immediate solution to the voltage fluctuation occuring in households, causing permanent damage to the electrical appliances. Voltage Stabilizers are a static equipment, highly utilised to balance the input voltage before transferring it to the connected appliance.
Voltage Stabilizers sights the voltage fluctuations and uplifts the required level before it is sent to the concerned appliance. Therefore, a Voltage Stabilizer acts as a safety equipment amongst appliances and power supply. Its functioning promises a trouble-free operation and advances the working system of your appliances.
A few tips to consider as a buying guide for Voltage Stabilizer:
- It is highly essential to keep a strict check on the voltage, current as well as the power rating of the device. You can easily spot the written specification sticker besides the power socket, otherwise you can also notice it on the user manual.
- You should also consider the surge current, which distinctively raises the electrical current which flows in the ongoing device.
- A Voltage Stabilizer operates within different working ranges. Thus, it is extremely integral to opt for a stabilizer which is compatible in your locality.
- The core areas to focus while searching for a valuable Voltage Stabilizer, should firmly centre around its nature with the power consumption range of the respective application.
- The Indian standard service voltage is counted as 230VAC, 50 Hz. The ratings are normally referred to as KW, KVA or in Amps. The Nominal line voltage and Frequency should also be considered while purchasing the Voltage Stabilizers.
- Stabilizers should be installed at dry places, avoiding the wet places and definitely out of reach from children. Considering this thing, it is recommended to install wall mounted stabilizers.
- The arrangement of the stabilizer plays an important role, because the electric power running through it can be a dangerous medium.
Salient features to witness while purchasing a Voltage Stabilizer:
A Voltage stabilizer operates with an electric power, which is vulnerable to a constant risk for the Stabilizer to get damaged during its placement. Therefore, most stabilizers should be wall-mounted or installed at a high-rise level. This distance will protect small children from being directly exposed to electric shock.
Indicators accordingly execute the voltage, regulated in order to provide the required power to the appliance. The Newer models are incorporated with Led indicators.
3. Time Delay Systems:
Time Delay System offers a time-lapse, wherein the inbuilt compressor gets adequate time to equal the current flow during a power cut for shorter duration.
Numerous models are digitized, in order to make the functioning of a Voltage Stabilizer more precise and authentic. One of the most astonishing facts is that, the newer models are highly compatible with various devices. Maximum number of such models will link and alter to generators if installed.
5. Overload Protection
This feature is a boon as it shuts the stabilizer output, during the power cuts. Various stabilizers offer a 3-5 years warranty, providing a safe as well as sufficient shielding to appliances.
An insight to whether the modern devices comprise an in-built Voltage stabilization?
Modern appliances, preferably air conditioners, refrigerators consist of a vast Voltage functioning range, transforming from 200-240V, to a bigger range of 170-290V. Refrigerators for instance, have an inbuilt high as well as low voltage cut-off, and not an inbuilt Voltage Stabilizer.
However, Voltage Stabilizers, in connection to these instruments may not be mandatory till the voltage in your locality rises or falls down in comparison to the expected limit, within which an appliance should operate.
Hence, it is an extremely integral aspect to choose a Stabilizer which is crafted to suit your needs and locality.