Software testing is an activity to ensure and determine whether the program or an application meet the user requirement or not. It is a necessary phase of the development to ensure that the product is bug or error-free. This field is considered as the most challenging because you have to keep yourself updated with the latest tools and technologies, as well as continuously provide more qualitative input to make the product much better.
Brief about the testing process:
Testing cannot be done in a single phase, there are so many phases involves in this. This work is handled by the testing team and it has to be done after completion of each phase of development. Both the process of testing and development run parallel in order to ensure that the final output will become error or bug free. In any IT or MNC Company, testers play a very crucial role in between the development and business teams.
Phases come under testing process:
- Test Strategy: Test strategy tells you which type of testing best works, and the order in which they need to perform. It is made according to the user requirements and available information.
- Testing Plan: After making a strategy testing plan deals with all tasks. It will help to manage teamwork, and also helps in dividing the tasks between team members. It provides a complete list of the entire thing like: when testing starts, when it ends, how much time it will take.
- Test Cases: Test cases are a set of document which contains a set of conditions under which a tester will determine whether a system under test satisfies the requirements of work correctly. It is developed based on the prioritized requirement and acceptance criteria.
- Test Data: After that, you need to test the data to use. These checks name address, or other related information. In this, you need to test query functions, change functions and delete functions etc.
- Test Environment: The testing environment is the setup of software and hardware for the team members to execute test cases. It includes hardware configuration, operating system settings and other support to perform the test.
Here are some tips to improve your testing skills:
Quality is everything for all the software products or applications. With the rapidly growing Software industry, the demand of the skilled & professional candidates for software testing jobs is on rising like never before. One can get a job in his/her dream company, by adopting a right set of skills and knowledge.
Let’s begin with useful tips!
- Learn more: Testing is nothing but all about providing much better product to the customer. To provide much better product, you need to understand well about the application and its production process. Before starting the testing process, make some written document to understand what you need to do. Make accurate information and mention all the points related to your strategy. Try to learn something new every day from your seniors.
- Make proper planning: Planning to test a whole new Application can be a daunting task. So, it’s better to share it with your team members and divide the work accordingly to test each program individually. Make a plan with your team members in order to produce the best outcome.
- Share your progress report: Testing is a team effort, so make sure you share your progress with your team members on a regular basis. With sharing your report also ask questions related to your clear your doubts if any. It will help your team members in understanding the further process.
- Increase your worth: These days every company either we talk about small or big, wants to hire the candidates who have knowledge about too many things other than the just single domain. This will automatically increase your worth. No one told you to be master in everything just make a habit to get some knowledge and idea about other domains.
- Don’t Quit: Take feedback from your team members and friends in order to improve your skills. Think positive and take their feedback in a positive way to correct yourself. Don’t get aggressive or disappoint after getting any kind of negative feedbacks.
Also, if you feel any kind of stress while doing testing of any software then, it is better for you to take some little break and start again with a fresh mind. It also brings about a change in the thinking process and refreshes it.
Follow the above-mentioned tips to make a position in any IT or MNC Company.
Khushboo Setiya is an online media enthusiast and a blogger who closely follows the latest career and online marketing trends. She writes on various topics including career guidance, job search strategy among others. Software testing is her new love these days and she can be found reading about various software tools and trends.