Every mattress has its owner. The relationship between an owner and their mattress is a two-way bond, the former takes care of the latter and the latter gives a relaxing sleep to the former! You may feel that caring for your memory foam mattress is a gruesome task, but as a matter of fact, it is as simple as ABC, provided you follow these easy-to-do tips and tricks:
- Rotate/ Flip it: The basic thumb rule for caring for a mattress is to keep rotating or flipping it over unless otherwise specified in the mattress instructions.
- Mattress Cover: Choose a good quality waterproof and washable mattress cover like that of WakeFit which can protect your mattress from allergens and dust mites.
- Proper Support: The mattress has to be supported by a good quality frame that has a good support especially in the centre.
- No More Monkeys Jumping on the bed: Kids find it difficult to resist the temptation to jump on the bed but don’t let them to do so. Protect your mattress! Children could end up spoiling the construction of the mattress even if they are safe, in worst cases, they could also injure themselves.
- Don’t add anything between the mattress and the bed support, this could cause more harm to you, gifting you sleepless nights for no fault of the mattress.
- Dress up your Bed: The use of a bed skirt can make sure that you can stay clear of pet hair as well as dust from getting under your bed.
- No to Pets: Though it is a very tempting and common practice with pet-lovers, do not allow your pets to get onto your mattress. The fur could pile up in the mattress causing allergies like cold and flu.
- Go with the instructions: The instruction booklets are usually the best ones to guide you about mattress care, follow it to the T.
- Vacuum Helps: The most simple yet one of the best mattress cleaning tips is to vacuum it once in a while. This will ensure that you can get rid of all the dust mites and allergens that get into it through the cover.
- Move your seat: There is a high possibility that you sit on the bed in one particular spot very often, over time, this could make the mattress lose its structure much before its end of life. So, move your seat, don’t use the same place again!
- Sun Bath it: We all know that sun is the best source of vitamin D for us, but it also the ability to kill dust as well as dust mites. So, give your mattress a sun bath along with some fresh air, it is sure to give you the same feel as that of a new one!
- Never fold it! : Whatever be the type of mattress that you own, never fold it, ever! The complete construction of the mattress will be at stake, so folding – don’t even think about it!
- Make it smell good: If there is any bad odour coming out of your mattress and you are wondering how to clean the bedding, then simply turn to the baking soda in your kitchen! Sprinkle baking soda in the area, leave for 20 minutes and then vacuum out the bad smell!
- Carry it with Care: Moving the mattress around has to be done in a careful way as it can tamper its structure making it uncomfortable when you lie down on it. Make sure that you carry it only when needed and also that proper support is given to the mattress during transit.
- Trade it in Time: Even when you give exceptional care to your mattress, it is likely to be worn out with time. Don’t hang on to your mattress love, change it as and when it’s due!
The mattress is an investment that you make to get better sleep, which will eventually give you the best physical and mental health. Choose the right mattress for better sleep and take optimum care of it and start sleeping like a child!